Forum #4: The Animatic
Introduction
This
was my first time using the Adobe Premiere software to create a video project. Though,
I was hesitant and nervous at first, watching the class videos that were posted
instilled me with confidence and presented me with the right information to
begin the project and make some progress. I began by importing the finalized version
of my audio story and adding in the still images I collected. Once I had all of
my pictures into the project, I needed to figure out how to resize them to fit
within the frame and add some type of effect or motion.
Struggles
One
frustrating point was dealing with sequence settings. I learned that each image
needed to share the same sequence setting and once I changed it, my images
reset and I had to resize them all again. If you are using Premier for your
work, I suggest making sure your sequence settings are set first to HDV 1080p
or the necessary editing mode that you need.
What I Learned
One of the most valuable tools that I learned
how to use is motion in effects controls. To use motion, you drag the play head
over the image and click. Next, click on the motion arrow and you will see position
and scale. Premier gives you the ability to play around with the scale and position
numbers. After settling on position numbers, we need to use the diamond button.
The diamond is the key frame in animation that keeps the scale at one value on
the timeline. Once you are satisfied with these few steps, the key frames must
be dragged to the end of the clips.
Comments
Post a Comment