Skip to main content

Forum #3: Audio Story Components

Audio Story Components
My Podcast:




I have decided that for my audio story, I want to continue pursuing information about whether the Jeep wave is real or a myth. I want to continue tracking down the answer to my unique question because the world itself and Jeep owners deserve to know, is the Jeep wave real or not.             

Experts:  To better understand more about the Jeep wave, I will need to interview experts on the topic. An individual that I would consider an expert on the matter, is someone who works for Jeep. There is a local Jeep dealership in High Point and in Greensboro where I could go and speak with employees, managers, or salesmen. Another expert that I am looking to interview would be members that belong to a Jeep enthusiast club. Who knows better than the individuals that actually drive the cars themselves? Jeep owners and enthusiasts will be passionate in giving their answers, thus making for an exceptional interview.

Background: I would like to use music that harnesses chill vibes throughout the background of my podcast. I do not want it to be too loud, but at a high enough volume that it reduces the awkward blank noise throughout the podcast. https://freesound.org/people/ispeakwaves/sounds/439864/

Transition: For my transitions, I want the audiences focus to remain on all things about cars. Therefore, I am going to have some of my transitions be car keys jingling. https://freesound.org/people/jrsevers3/sounds/444741/

Intro: For my introduction, rather than use music, I am leaning towards using my foley sound that I created. The foley sound that I created was a car engine starting. I think this would be a different and creative way to open up my podcast. 

Outro: It is my understanding that the closing of an audio production is just as important as the beginning. To close my podcast, I will keep the energy up and alive by using an upbeat electronic pop song.
https://freemusicarchive.blob.core.windows.net/storage-freemusicarchive-org/music/no_curator/Scott_Holmes/Inspiring__Upbeat_Music/Scott_Holmes_-_04_-_Upbeat_Party.mp3

Foley Sound: 
The purpose of foley sounds is to reproduce an ordinary sound and add it to video or audio projects, with the goal to enhance the overall audio quality. Foley sounds are important because they reduce the awkward quietness in the background and truly help to bring the specific scene to life. At first, the sounds that I wanted to create was busy traffic on the road. When I tried this, there was too much wind in the background making the overall recording too loud and unpleasant to hear. I decided that the starting of a car engine would sound softer and be more appropriate for my podcast. To make my foley sound I left my car door a little bit open, and held my phone sort of outside and close to the dash board to capture a majority of the sound. My foley sound relates to my audio story because it is about Jeeps. I wanted a different way to open up my podcast, rather than just speaking, so I think that the starting of a car engine will be a creative touch. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeep Wave: Myth or Fact?

Jeep Wave: Myth or Fact? Introduction Often, I have been a witness to what is known as the “jeep wave”, or a quick movement of the hand made by both Jeep drivers when passing by one another. With the hopes to find out just really what this Jeep Wave consists of, I went around and talked to a few of the student Jeep drivers at High Point University.  Creating the Podcast By only being able to create a quick 30 second recap of the interviews and introduction that I recorded, I had to be picky and creative when choosing what content to piece together. The tool I relied on most when creating my podcast was the razor tool. The razor tool allowed me to cut out segments that I did not want to include. One aspect I struggled with while creating my piece on Adobe Audition was trying to make sure my audio was kept at similar volume. Some parts of interviews I could not use because the volume level was in the red zone above -12DB and did not sound right when pieced together with eve...

Audio Story Final: Jeep Wave

Jeep Wave: Myth or Fact? For weeks now, I have been trying to uncover the truth behind whether the Jeep wave is a myth or a fact. Throughout my endeavors, I have spoken with several students at High Point University and even gained an experts opinion on the matter from Ilderton Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram. I was set on the fact that once I had received an expert’s opinion, that I would have a definite answer. As my investigation comes to an end, I am realizing that I am just as puzzled as before.

Still Image Video Final

Still Image Video Final Well, Well, Well... As the semester comes to an end, so does my journey investigating whether the jeep wave is truly a myth or not. Since August, I have been practicing and understanding several different Adobe software’s. In the beginning of the semester, I was a bit uncomfortable managing the software and allowing my creative energy to flow into my projects. Since then, I have become way more comfortable and confident in my abilities with Adobe. The LAST Video EVER In my final creation for the class, I was able to include in my work, animations, animated titles, B-roll, and my own personal photos. In my Forum #5 Blog, I struggled with making animated titles and figuring out how to get the timing on the sequences, just right. After watching a few video tutorials offered from Adobe’s website, I finally understood how to fix the timing issues that were occurring. Another element that I found beneficial was including the B-roll I filmed. I chose to...